[TowerTalk] 160 Inverted L Question

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 30 23:29:40 EST 2018

I've used PVC pipe, acrylic sheet, delrin rod, UV resistant nylon and UV
resistant UHMW as base and element insulators.  There is not much
voltage stress at the feed Z of what he is building.  At 160m the
dielectric properties of any plastic are fine.  Grey PVC pipe
(electrical conduit) is UV resistant, cheap, and widely available.
Heavy wall PVC (schedule 80) is almost always a darker resistant material.