[TowerTalk] Length of Inverted-L.

n6sj at earthlink.net n6sj at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 5 12:21:39 EDT 2018

Pete-

I've had good luck with the longer approach.  I put a 30-150pF variable cap in series with the feed point and nulled the SWR at 1830 KHz.  I have only two elevated radials (each 135') but it tunes and loads fine with 500 watts.  The longer top sloping wire adds the inductance you would otherwise need to provide with an inductor at the feed point.

With the longer total length and series capacitor my RigExpert AA-54 shows 50 ohms resistive load and 0 ohms reactance at resonance.

73,
Steve
N6SJ