[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 190, Issue 5

Speer, Douglas Douglas.Speer at cns.doe.gov
Mon Oct 8 10:11:06 EDT 2018

I bought some new old stock 0.300" Phillystran.   I was told by the seller that this older Phillystran is not intended to be used with the preformed Big Grip Dead-Ends.  Instead I was told to use traditional thimbles and clamps to form my ends.  Does this sound right?   Would I torque up the clamps just to the point that the Philly is staring to compress?  My only previous experience terminating Phillystran is with the dead ends.  If it matters, I will be using this Phillystran to guy an insulated tower for use as a vertical.  No wind load to speak of other than the tower itself.

Doug, W5WTX
Amarillo, TX