[TowerTalk] Broadbanding 80m Dipoles, Monopoles, and Loops

Bryan Swadener bswadener at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 12 20:00:02 EDT 2018

On 80m, my 4-wire cage inverted vee plays VERY well, and the 2:1
VSWR bandwidth is 500 kHz. Since the coax feedline is about 85',
I surmised it'd also work as a vertical w/ top hat on 160m (against
some radials). It does. I use a vacuum SPDT relay (12 VDC coil)
to do the switching. A bias tee connected to the shack 13.8V power
supply) is used to drive the relay thru the coax.

A free program on smeter.net (http://www.smeter.net/antennas/wire-cage-dipole.php)
can be used to work up a design. Images and details of mine can be found on my
Flickr page: http://www.tinyurl.com/wa7prc-80m-160m
vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC