[TowerTalk] Ham-IV rotor will not turn

Ed G ed.n3cw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 13:09:44 EDT 2018

Hi Ron,
     How long is your rotator control line? What size wire do you use? Where is the motor start capacitor located (typically it is in the control box). How old is the capacitor?  Any chance of varmints chewing into the control line?  Can you hear the brake pulling in when someone at the control box tries to rotate the antenna? There is a reason I ask these questions…something to do with lessons-learned  😉
     I installed a new motor start cap at the base of my tower, and no longer have trouble with my rotator not turning. My control line is probably 250 feet or so.  I paralleled the now-unused extra two wires from the control box-mounted start cap in the control cable with the brake wires.
--Ed—

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Message: 6