[TowerTalk] Learning from tragedies

Art Roberts w1aer at outlook.com
Fri Oct 19 12:52:39 EDT 2018

Very interesting and TRUE comments. ALL hams should have this imprinted on their brain.
Years ago, I did some tower work for our repeater club, as well the Fire Department radio shop I worked for. Most of the work was between 600 feet and 1450 feet. Needless to say, staying belted was mandatory. What did help was the elevator inside the tower. BUT, once you left the safety of that device, you were in the open framework.
As a former EMT, stay safe and stay secure!!
73,
Art
W1AER