[TowerTalk] Need Advice on Stacking KT34M2 and JK402 Yagis

Walt Miller k7zq at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 23 18:28:42 EDT 2018

We are thinking about stacking two KT34M2 triband Yagis (4-elements on a
16-foot boom) with a JK402 2-element 40-meter Yagi an 18-foot boom, on an
85-foot tower. The tribanders would be mounted at 82 and 41 feet, and the
JK402 at 61 feet. We are wondering if there will be interaction between the
triband and 40-meter Yagis - we are especially concerned about interaction
that affects performance of the 40-meter Yagi, and whether the 40-meter Yagi
will affect performance of the triband Yagis on 15-meters.

If anyone has experience, or has modeled, stacking one or two KT34M2s with a
JK402 we would like to hear about any interaction problems you ran in to and
what you did to resolve them. We are also wondering if you had to mount the
40-meter Yagi 90-degrees off the direction of the tribander(s).

73,
Walt - K7ZQ