[TowerTalk] How many connectors?

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 14:38:45 EDT 2018

>  This may have been asked before, but I am cleaning up my system fromtemporary to permanent installation and I was thinking about putting in apatch panel.  My question is what is a reasonable number of connectors andbarrel connectors to have between antenna and amplifier.
    During his EE degree pursuit, Gary, K7FR, did a lab experiment to figure out that question. His measured connector loss was 0.008 dB per connector. Bottom line - fugget about it!
    In my experience, feedline problems are almost primarily from poor weather proofing and water incursion.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTOWER TECH
Author of UP THE TOWER - The Complete Guide To Tower Construction - page 141