[TowerTalk] 40 meter rotatable diple

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Mon Sep 3 15:22:11 EDT 2018

I have reconstructed my 40 meter rotatable dipole starting with 2", 1.75" and 1.50" thick wall and then using the thin wall 1.250", 1.125", 1.00" on down. To shorten the dipole I have a couple of 1" X 1" x 0.125" aluminum angle I could use for capacitance hats. What is the effect of mounting the capacitance hats at  a distance of 17' out on each half compared to say 25-32' out? Would someone have done this and got some idea of lengths needed to resonate near 7150 Khz? Also going to have vertical and horizontal dual trusses to make it that much stronger. Dipping it in will be the 'got-ya' I'm hoping to ease for the guy up on the top of the tower? Will set it up on a pole to get near resonance before the raising. Also thinking about adding a 10.15 Mhz wire dipole under the 40 meter fed from the same Comtek balun.

Terry

KI7M