[TowerTalk] Advise needed on phased beverages

Jon Zaimes jz73 at verizon.net
Tue Sep 11 08:31:04 EDT 2018

Tonno,

I have numerous phased Beverages on 160 meters.

120m spacing is ideal for broadside pairs on 160. I have a pair toward
Europe with each wire 163 meters long, and this is generally equal to a
single-wire that is 288 meters long in the same direction.

Try testing the outer two wires with the feedlines simply paralleled (no
matching) to rule out any problems with the stack switch.

I use AM broadcast band signals for testing. A signal west of me that  is S7
on a Beverage in that direction drops into the noise when I switch to the NE
broadside pair.

73/Jon

Jon P. Zaimes, AA1K
Tower climber for hire
http://www.aa1k.us/

Reviews of AA1K tower work on eham website:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/12922

Hug your favorite tower every day, and always stay connected to it.