[TowerTalk] BOG vs BEV on 160

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Sep 19 20:29:51 EDT 2018

On 9/19/2018 3:24 PM, Keith Hanson wrote:
>   I could manage a 500' Beverage on my lot, but it would have to pass almost directly past the tower from which the sloper is hung.  Any opinions here on whether I would improve my situation by putting up a short above ground Beverage this year instead of the BOG.

I have exactly that with two reversible Beverages using DXE hardware and
400 ohm window line. They work. One is 550 ft, the other 500 ft. They
both run close to sloping verticals suspended from my 120 ft tower. If
you can do 500 ft, DO it! They might work better if I detuned the
antennas and the tower. Too many other irons in the fire to try it.

73, Jim K9YC