[TowerTalk] Cushcraft A3S vs. HyGain Explorer EX-14

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Sep 21 17:54:25 EDT 2018

Any responses will be anecdotal, including mine, unless the two antennas
were tested like in Champion Radio triband report. I have had big contest
scores using a Cushcraft A3 from the Caribbean.  It works reasonably well
however I were looking for a new triband beam for a permanent installation I
would look for one with interlaced elements that is constructed with quality
aluminum, the Force12(SK) C3 is a great example.

GL
John KK9A

From:	Rod Greene via TowerTalk <towertalk at contesting.com>
Date:	Fri, 21 Sep 2018 20:40:27 +0000 (UTC)

All,
I need to make some repairs to my CC A3S (at 50' with a KLM rotatable 40M
above
it) so will need to take it down. I have access to a HG EX-14 and could put
it
up instead.

I haven't found any comparisons, so thot I would check here. Any suggestions
as
to which is better would be appreciated. One friend recommends the
HyGain.
Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc