[TowerTalk] CC A3S vs others

Ralph Parker ve7xf at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 21 18:25:27 EDT 2018

 >...the Force12(SK) C3 is a great example.

In about 2000, I was using a CC A3S at 50'. Condx were pretty good, and
I was working my share of DX. After reading N6BT's publication "An Array
of Light", discussing trap losses, I took down my A3S and put up a F12
C3S (2 elements) - same height, same feedline, etc. My results improved
noticeably - I worked things that I 'didn't deserve to work'. I'm
convinced that getting rid of traps is a worthwhile endeavour.

VE7XF