[TowerTalk] Tower foundation and bedrock

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sun Apr 7 21:42:00 EDT 2019

I would try digging the hole to the specs provided by the the tower
manufacture. You should keep in mind that a self supporting tower
requires a large hole than a guyed tower. Some rock can be easily
broken and dug, I know of two AN Wireless towers installed in Aruba
and the holes were dug with jackhammers. This guy is doing it with
minimal tools.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CbZ6NATSpE

John KK9A

Charles Lind cxl24 at case.edu

I have the opportunity to put up a TX-455 tower on the property of my
brother-in-law:  200+ acres and no zoning issues.  He says, however, that
there is limestone bedrock about only three feet down.  Before I start
Digging pilot holes, is there any advice a how to proceed with providing a
solid foundation if this is the case.

Tnx, Chuck, N8CL