[TowerTalk] Pier Pin Base

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Thu Apr 25 20:45:28 EDT 2019

I'm replacing my old Rohn 25 with the same. Because the embedded base
section is rusting, I'll just drill a hole in the concrete and install a
pier pin. I have three questions:

1. What kind of adhesive/epoxy should be used to secure the pier pin? Is
Quikrete High Strength Anchoring Epoxy (8620-31) adequate?

2. What should I do with the old tower base stumps? My plan was to cut
them off flush with the concrete and fill them with some thin concrete
to prevent water from getting in and freezing. Any better ideas?

3. Is there anything else I should do to the concrete base where it
contacts the new tower base? (I'm using the Rohn BPC25G concrete base
plate.)

Thanks and 73,

Scott K9MA

--