[TowerTalk] ICE 419-B info.

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Apr 26 14:04:20 EDT 2019

The ICE 419-series BPF sets are the bottom of the barrel. They don't
handle power or SWR, so they're very easy to blow, which requires
difficult disassembly and realignment. And when you do all that, you
still have a lousy filter set. And if that isn't enough, the relays also
go intermittent, also require that disassembly.

My measurements of BPF filter sets used within NCCC were published in
NCJ about four years ago. The review is on my website.
http://k9yc.com/BandpassFilterSurvey.pdf
The report is based on measured data using a VNWA3e Vector Network
Analyzer, and plots of the data for each filter can be accessed for each
unit on each band from this webpage.
http://audiosystemsgroup.com/BandpassFilterData.htm

My advice is that if you have a problem with the ICE filter set, bite
the bullet and replace it. The two I owned are long gone.

73, Jim K9YC