[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 196, Issue 29

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Sat Apr 27 12:18:09 EDT 2019

>  I'm replacing my old Rohn 25 with the same. Because the embedded basesection is rusting, I'll just drill a hole in the concrete and install apier pin. I have three questions:
>  1. What kind of adhesive/epoxy should be used to secure the pier pin? IsQuikrete High Strength Anchoring Epoxy (8620-31) adequate?
    Sure. Anything will work. There's really no force on the pin - it's just sitting there - and the chances of any fatal horizontal forces on it are pretty nil.

>  2. What should I do with the old tower base stumps? My plan was to cutthem off flush with the concrete and fill them with some thin concreteto prevent water from getting in and freezing. Any better ideas?
    Nope. The best tool for this is a hand grinder with cutting wheels (1/16th inch thick) and it'll take about 2 minutes.

>  3. Is there anything else I should do to the concrete base where it contacts the new tower base? (I'm using the Rohn BPC25G concrete base plate.)
    Not that I know of. Pretty straightforward. GL!
Cheers,Steve    K7LXCTOWER TECH