[TowerTalk] Stanless Steel wire rope

Julio Peralta jperalta4 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 30 15:50:05 EDT 2019

We have a guy her locally that lives very close to salt water. He is wanting
to re-cable his US Tower with Stainless Steel cable.

The research I’ve done indicates that type 316 ¼” SS cable is just slightly
less strong than the same size galvanized wire. I’ve also heard the SS wire
will take a set over the sheaves if it’s left up at the same height for long
periods of time.

Does anyone in TT land have any information to share about this topic?

Another question what composition of Nicopress fittings should be used if we
go with SS wire rope?

Julio, W4HY