[TowerTalk] MA-160V on 80M

Craig Smith ac0ds at sent.com
Fri Aug 2 21:34:17 EDT 2019

Bill …

To most effectively use this antenna on 80 meters, ideally you would:

Keep the same overall height

Keep the same Capacitive top hat

Reduce the value of the loading inductance to achieve resonance

Install at least 30 60 ft long radials

It should be doable without too much effort.  It will be a decent performer but have a limited SWR bandwidth.

73  Craig    AC0DS