[TowerTalk] What coax is this?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Aug 6 08:50:59 EDT 2019

Why do you want this?  RG-400 is available surplus for $<2 ft,
Amphenol connectors fit it perfectly and it is excellent for
connecting equipment in the shack.  I have used Teflon coax outdoors
too with no issues.  If you hate soldering you can buy RG-400 /
Amphenol 83-1SP assemblies at DX Engineering.

John KK9A

N4ZR wrote:

Maybe 8-10 years ago at Dayton I bought a 3-foot jumper of coaxial cable
with PL-259s (and reducers) on both ends.  It looks like RG-400, about
the same diameter and with the clear jacket, but is much more flexible,
and the braid is not silver-plated.  Anyone know what this is, and where
I can get more of it?

--

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network