[TowerTalk] Tower Safety Information Resources: Invitation to contribute

Jim Idelson jim at k1ir.com
Sat Aug 10 09:50:59 EDT 2019

Friends,

In the wake of a recent tragic tower-related accident in New Hampshire, I
was asked to put together a presentation on the topic of Tower Safety. It
will be presented at the Boxboro Hamfest in early September.

I'm reaching out here to request your help in assembling a list of
resources to share with the audience. Recognizing that there are many
facets to this topic, all suggestions are welcome. Please think broadly
about this request. We'd like to include everything from books and other
print materials, to web sites, videos and other multimedia content.
Information from the ham community, manufacturers and commercial world are
all welcome. We'll figure out how to organize the list after we have a
chance to see what we have.

This will not, in any way, be a training course. The primary goals are to:

   1. Increase awareness of the level of risk inherent in working with
   towers,
   2. Get people thinking about the importance of keeping those risks in
   mind whenever engaging in tower work, and
   3. Provide some next steps people can take to be more prepared for their
   next tower project.

Please use this form to submit your suggestions:

   - https://forms.gle/fySQUSszCVEwNfLY9

Thanks so much for your help and ideas.

73 Jim K1IR