[TowerTalk] Tower Safety Information Resources: Invitation to contribute

Eric Rosenberg ericrosenberg.dc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:43:15 EDT 2019

Jim --

A couple of thoughts:

Check out the National Association of Tower Erectors: www.natehome.org.
Lots of interesting material on their site and links to related sites.
Start in the Safety & Education section
https://natehome.com/safety-education/

Anything you can add about working on roof towers would be appreciated.
My QTH doesn't allow for a traditional, stand-alone tower; I have a a
roof tower instead. Putting one up and maintaining it and the antennas
it supports can be quite tricky, to say the least. While the precautions
you must take are similar to those required when working on a
traditional tower, a roof tower has other, unique needs that require
attention.

With the interest in 5G increases, there appears to be some movement in
training tower erectors., You might want to contact Aiken Technical
College in South Carolina. They have a Tower Installation Program --
both in-class and on-line --  that "program prepares students for
apprenticeships in the tower industry in weeks, not years, with advanced
programs and associates degrees available after that."
https://www.atc.edu/Study/Programs-of-Study/Technical-Education/Tower-Installation

I look forward to your presentation!

73,
Eric W3DQ