[TowerTalk] Tarnished connectors

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Tue Aug 20 13:58:11 EDT 2019

>  Just wondering if anyone has found a way to remove the tarnish off of older connectors.?? The tarnish is not effecting the usage, but does distract from the appearance.
    It they're silver, the visible silver oxide is a conductor so no need to do anything.
    Removing the tarnish won't affect the signal so I wouldn't bother. Around here, the question is whether it makes a difference to the DX station. If it makes a difference - do it. And the converse is true. Performance trumps appearance for me.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTOWER TECH