[TowerTalk] Thanks for responses - Cinch Jones

Dan Atchison N3ND at aol.com
Wed Aug 21 12:30:29 EDT 2019

Thanks to all who responded.

My original post neglected to mention I was looking for 8-pin Cinch
Jones inline connectors, M and F (300 series).?? I did find some on eBay
and ordered them at a premium.

For those who suggested electronics distributors - which I had prior to
my email - here's what I found:

Jameco - no eight pin and few others
Mouser - no eight pin and few others
Newark - no stock, only large quantities
Digikey - ditto
Electronics Surplus - most not in stock, 8 pin, no of course

Cinch Jones connectors where the defacto standard seemingly forever, but
I guess times have changed.

Several of you responded with Anderson Powerpoles which are fine, but no
strain relief - at least I can't find them with strain reliefs.?? To me
that's an important option because I disconnect everything when the
station is not in use - regardless of my grounding to Motorola's R-56
standards in which, as I knock on wood, I've not had a lightning strike
(nice run-on sentence).?? Murphy, keep your distance.

73,
Dan