[TowerTalk] Non HOA tower troubles

wb0m at flashdog.us wb0m at flashdog.us
Sat Aug 24 00:57:41 EDT 2019

Charles:  This really isn’t a ham radio related question. It sounds more like a nuisance violation. You should have been given a copy of your city’s ordinance which you violated and a way to appeal the citation. Those rules are made by your city council and you should talk to your council person.
Now:  There are two sides to every story. How long has you tower been down? Two days? Two weeks? Two months? Two years? And, where is it? Front yard?  Part of your neighbor’s yard? The City’s right-of-way (ROW)?
Those answers may also affect your outcome.
Ultimately, a court of law will decide the outcome. And, BTW, I doubt the ARRL lawyers will probably not get involved because this, again, is not a ham radio violation issue.
GL & 73,
Jeff/wb0m

I Iive in a community that is NOT an HOA and have several towers none over
50ft and all under fall limits and have had since I bought my home 12 years
ago.
My problem is I , like most amateurs like to build and or try different
antennas and when my tower is down and antenna on the ground ,the police
dept gives me warning letters about unsightly junk or scrap metal in my
yard. Always stating I have ten days to correct this problem and that ten
days is from the time the letter is written  hi hi.  yes  it comes via snail
mail
  Yesterday one of the officers told me they have written me a citation
just 3 days after writing the ten day notice  Any advice ?

Charles Evans
KB0VFW
DBA Evans Painting
KC.MO. 64118