[TowerTalk] time to modernize the reflector

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Sat Aug 24 19:43:54 EDT 2019

I dare say that everyone on this list is also subscribed to a groups.io
reflector, so they have "tried it".

Also I suspect that many who clamor for a better web based presentation
of their favorite discussion group have never used a well oiled email
client (which is of course is a local app rather than a web server) for
group forums. To some, the internet = a browser = the internet.

This is just to say that the preference of some to keep things the way
they are is not necessarily an uninformed take on the topic. Note: I
find it hard to believe that anyone doesn't have the ability to post a
link to a file that they've dropped into the cloud someplace.

However...reflectors hosted by groups.io can be accessed via regular
email, so moving that way should not inconvenience us old farts that much.

-Steve K8LX