[TowerTalk] time to modernize the reflector

Gary K9GS garyk9gs at wi.rr.com
Mon Aug 26 19:38:20 EDT 2019

Here is an example from another reflector I subscribe to showing how not defaulting to a quoted reply removes the context from the message.This is only a problem if you, incorrectly, use the web interface and not quote and NOT if you're using an email client like Thunderbird, etc.  In my opinion this is a huge problem with groups.io. If you read the example below, can you determine what the poster is responding to?  What worked just fine??Apologies to N2SO..just using his post as an example.Thanks Dave, that worked just fine. 73, Charles N2SO -- 73, Charles N2SO

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#187356) |

_._,_._,_73,Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: GaryK9GS <garyk9gs at wi.rr.com> Date: 8/24/19  5:25 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: k7lxc at aol.com, towertalk at contesting.com, wc1m73 at gmail.com Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] time to modernize the reflector My big gripe with groups.io is that it does not quote the message being replied to  when using the web interface.   There is a way to do it but it is not the default and it is not easy to find. What ends up happening is there is no context for the reply.73,Gary K9GS