[TowerTalk] HyGain HDR300 removal stalled due to stuck setscrew

Al N6TA al.n6ta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 16:15:18 EDT 2019

Good suggestions received from this 'team' of experienced problem solvers.
Aero Kroil is $20 at the auto parts store.  I bought PB Blaster for 7 first
to see if it work.  After 5 minutes, nope so will try again after another
24 hours of waiting.
Going to get a new and quality hex key and maybe two for one to cut off and
tap on
Have a MAPS gas torch and sounds like it is another good idea though I am
new to actually heating to loosen.
Got a suggestion to use a fine powder (grinding compound?) that can provide
added contact of tool to fastener that may help.  Easy to try.
If these do not work, the special drill bit and maybe the EZ out will be
tried.

With all the great ideas, I am sure it is going to give up before I do.

Thanks very much.
Al
N6TA