[TowerTalk] US Tower Tubular Tower

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Aug 30 23:03:52 EDT 2019

On 8/30/2019 7:26 PM, FRED MATOS via TowerTalk wrote:
> I am considering buying a used US Tower tubular tower with tilt over feature.
>
> I would appreciate tips on what to look for in my evaluation.

The state of the pulleys is hard to assess and UST
isn't very helpful about replacing them.  Having said
that, I had one of these for over 30 years and it was
still working when I sold it.  AFAIK, the pulleys were
still OK.  But they can fail.

The other issue is that the antenna will swing back and
forth in the wind and make banging sounds on the
tubes.  This may or may not be OK with neighbors.

Getting the rotor set up seems to be obvious, but it's
not.  Nothing is documented about this.

Rick N6RK