[TowerTalk] rope strength - Knot Expert

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Mon Dec 9 14:00:42 EST 2019

Ahhh, for that junction a fellow TT member showed me a super simple &
elegant way to form a single loop in the rope and slip it through the
carabiner then pull it back down over the top & on the opposite side.
Kinda hard to put in words but it involved no cuts or hard knots in the
rope. Best of all it can be removed in 5 seconds if need be.

Also not mentioned, once the loop & pulley are hoisted up in the air I
will use a simple loop in the opposite rope to attach to a 1/4"
preformed "S" hook so the ropes cannot move up or down over time.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....