[TowerTalk] kt-34 info and help needed

Phil pmills7 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 18:58:50 EST 2019

Today I picked up a "kt-34" from the ham shack of a
friend who just recently went SK.  It was all bundled
and taped together.  But, as the story goes, he bought
the antenna that had come out of the estate of another
SK from a couple of years ago.

Anyway, the problem is this.  While I know I may not have
a complete antenna, I also know have too many parts.
Specifically, I think I have both too many and too few
boom sections.  According to the KT-34XA manual that was
found with the SK's manuals (internet copy), there are
supposed to be 3 8-foot 6-inch sections and one 8-foot
section.  What I have are 2 8-foot 6-inch sections and
3 8-foot sections (no swage down).  Also included were
2 5-foot 6-insections and one 5-foot section.  It appears
to me that even though these are all 3-inch diameter boom
sections I must have parts from more than one antenna and
may be missing parts also.

Can anyone share any info on whether there were variants
of the antenna with either longer or shorter booms?

thanks for any and all help, 73, Phil, W5BVB