[TowerTalk] hard drawn copper

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Tue Dec 10 21:16:10 EST 2019

Long ago, I brought some approximately AWG 14 hard drawn copper back
from Finland. The 40 meter full wave I made from it stayed up for nearly
30 years. So did the 80 meter dipole, of the same wire. I think the full
wave broke once many years ago, and I spliced it. I finally replaced
them with AWG 18 copperweld last summer, when I replaced the tower.
Maybe there was something special about that Finnish copper.

That fatigue limit is why all my bicycles have steel forks.

73,
Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA