[TowerTalk] 45G and guys

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 16 12:58:39 EST 2019

Ignacy,

According to the BIBLE (Rohn) product catalog  @ 100 ft.  of R45- Zone B 40FSF = three layers of  1/4 EHS. = 6650 lb  tensial strength
So IMO PhillyStran  HTPG 6700 should be used for all three levels of guys.   IF you chose to use ¼ EHS   the info for none resonante
http://ve3vn.blogspot.com/2017/05/planning-around-guy-wire-interactions.html   info on lengths  on this link.

I have advised hams who do not have  ANY material on hand  as a sugjestion to go  to R-55 at 100 ft level.
Why you only need TWO levels of Guys and If you  compare the cost of  TOWER . EHS guy wire 50s insulators and Crosby  cable clamps (6) for each insulator and (3) for each   or substute PLP line products BIG grips  .    Then the two levels you need with R-55 end use EHS with 502 insulators  and cable clamps on  R-55 and the Phillystran and the PLP big grips 18  and 9 conventional  PLP ¼ EHS  Big grips 9 502 insulatore.

It’s all about the numbers   BUT imo the installation would only be built with ¼ EHS and only 6700 Phillystran.

My .02

Wayne ,W3EA