[TowerTalk] Force12 rebuild

N5KM - Kris n5kilomike at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 16:25:54 EST 2019

Hi Tommy,

I can't offer any advice on the C4-XLD other than if you go the coil
replacement route you should ensure the elements can handle the additional
weight of the coils.

Good luck an 73,

Kris N5KM

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 18:48:29 -0600
From: tommy at k6ye.com
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Cc: N5KM - Kris <n5kilomike at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rebuild

Howie and Kris,

Thanks, so much, for the C4 data.  I have a C4-XLD that has been down
since 2015. I know that the element tips for the 40 meters reflector
need replacing. I am pondering:

        1. Adding a third element for 40
        2. Replacing the linear loading with coils.
        3. Removing the 40 meter elements altogether and placing a
Hy-gain Discover 7-3 above it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Again, thanks for your previous
help.

Semper Fi,

Tommy - K6YE