[TowerTalk] Lift Mast to Replace Rotator

Bill Steffey ny9h at arrl.net
Sat Dec 28 12:02:44 EST 2019

with my 72 crankup, i have to extend the tower to get the rotor out (
orion2800). That puts it even higher than 23 feet ( the collapsed height
of the tower).  Sooo i tilt it over, extend enough to get to the rotor,
brace the tilted tower & brace the mast... insert a wood fixture to hold
the mast securely centered within the  tower,,, then bottle jack the
mast from the top platform above the thrust bearing.

worked twice.. ( that rotor is HEAVY)

bill