[TowerTalk] Connectors, down the tower

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Dec 29 17:59:38 EST 2019

On 12/29/2019 1:38 PM, Jim Brown wrote:
>> Again, thoughts?

Forgot to address jumpers inside the shack. Several years ago, I
replaced a mish-mash of jumpers with Buryflex. Very good coax, but I
have a LOT of antennas and "stuff" inside the shack, and it was eating
up a lot of space. A year or so ago, after working with RG400 on my
common mode choke project, I replaced all the jumpers with that cable.
It's a lot neater behind the operatng desk now. Connectors are all
83-1SP Amphenol with silver reducers. Silver connector, reducer, and
silver-coated copper braid makes them very easy to solder well.

73, Jim K9YC