[TowerTalk] Masting source

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Dec 30 08:07:40 EST 2019

When I wanted a 3" mast (I just do not like 2") around five years ago
no one sold them so I purchased 1026 DOM tubing from Ryerson and had
it galvanized at Valmont in SC. There was some legwork needed but
hanks to a company discount from the steel supplier and no shipping
expenses it was surprisingly inexpensive. The 1026 mast is more than
adequately strong for my monobanders.

It looks like DX Engineering cuts their 22' masts in half. I am not
sure if there is a marked for shorter ones but if they cut them in
thirds they could be shipped UPS.

John KK9A

K9MA wrote:

That's interesting. DXE did not have the 11 foot version available last
spring when I rebuilt my antenna system. I ordered the 10 ft. Rohn mast
from Texas Towers, which was adequate for my needs. It also shipped with
the tower, so added little to shipping cost.

73,
Scott K9MA