[TowerTalk] 45G leg bolt help

Gary K9GS garyk9gs at wi.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 16:49:00 EST 2019

So what was the cause of the failure? I'm assuming water backed up and froze in the legs, splitting them?  It wasn't due to the stove bolts failing, was it?

73,
Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz at gmail.com> Date: 2/8/19  3:04 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: towertalk <TowerTalk at contesting.com> Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 45G leg bolt help
We had a local back in the Boston
area who put up 120' of Rohn 25.

He didn't know about Rohn putting
the bolts in the tower legs so he went
out and bought stove bolts.

The tower didn't make it through the
winter.

120' of Rohn 25 falling in a 1/4 acre lot
is not a pretty sight !!

73, Dick, W1KSZ