[TowerTalk] JK 402 versus CC XM-240

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Feb 25 14:04:35 EST 2019

Look at Cushcraft's loading coil and look at JK's. Years ago I bought
OptiBeam 40m beams instead of Cushcraft because I liked the high Q coils
plus I felt that the antenna was structurally better. If you are asking if
you will noticed a significant signal difference by changing antennas, I
would say no.

John KK9A

Julio Peralta W4HY wrote:

I'm getting ready to do some tower work at my QTH and I'm thinking about
replacing my CushCraft XM-240 with a JK 402 40M beam.

I would like to ask if anyone has had any experience with the JK 402 and if
anyone has any experience changing out one for the other.

Julio, W4HY