[TowerTalk] Weather station recommendations esp wind direction and speed?

Don w7wll at arrl.net
Mon Feb 25 22:59:17 EST 2019

And then there is Peet, an often overlooked but simple and reliable
company that has been selling wx systems for many years.Those
participating in the OCRG Coast wx reporting system
(http://www.ocrg.org/telemetry_feed/ocrgwx.html) are all Peet equipped.
All stations feed into the MesoWest system.

I needed a system that would withstand the harsh salt air environment
I'm in and be easy to maintain when necessary. The only con for some is
Peet is not wireless. Mine has been in place since around 2003.

As Kim obliquely points out, Peet, Davis and most of the others are not
those used by NOAA/NWS and other commercial wx reporting companies.
Young and others of the commercial range are far more reliable,
accurate, and expensive.

If one is interested in the NWS standards than you might want to have
FCM-H1-2005, the NOAA Federal Meteorological Handbook on hand, lots of
good information.

Price is what you pay, value is what you receive.

Don W7WLL

(Yachats/AS531 on the above OCRG site)