[TowerTalk] JK 402 versus CC XM-240

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Feb 27 15:28:08 EST 2019

Jeff,

Your understanding is the same as mine, and your earlier post about
vertical pattern is also right on. I'm simply observing the critical
importance of soil quality on the gain (and vertical pattern) of
vertical antennas.  At any given QTH, and for any given antenna farm,
these are the things that are best learned from lots of A/B comparisons
of antennas under different conditions. We know, for example, that paths
exist at different vertical angles under different propagation
conditions. The path to a given DX location may be low angle at one time
and higher angle at another time.

73, Jim