[TowerTalk] Weather station recommendations esp wind direction and speed?

terry burge ki7m at comcast.net
Thu Feb 28 22:24:35 EST 2019

Hi Don and folk,

Knowing how bad the winds and rain can get on the Oregon coast I'd say this is quiet a good recommendation for the Peet system Don has. Winds can easily get to 60-70, sometimes even 90 at the worst of times and Don's place sounds like it could catch some of the worst winds and salt spray. Awhile back I watched a video on the PBS station from I think Cape Ago when some folks got the bright idea to walk out onto an exposed headland where big wave were crashing. The came near getting swept over the cliff with waves crashing up about 50-70 feet over the rocks. Can get very ruff out there and the Oregon coast is known as the graveyard of ships for a reason. Watch out for the following sea...

After getting intrigued about the La Crosse digital unit that came with my house I tried to find any remote unit without success about 8" by 3", white, etc. Just don't know but it still works after I replaced 3 AAA batteries in it.
Remote Time 92% RH (humity?) 28.8F to 36.3F; clouds and rain, Indoors date 2/28/2019 Thursday  Dry 22-23% (humidity indoors) 77.F to 81.3F. Got to be getting the info from some where. Does have an apparent Satellite dish by the date and an antenna by the remote humity. Still got to wonder if it has some kind of remote wind/temp/humid sensor. But I got to think Don has the real serious station. Have fun Don.

Terry
KI7M