[TowerTalk] Skyhawks on TIC Rings?

Bud Trench aa3b.bud at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 13:06:23 EST 2019

Steve,

I agree that the KT36XA’s are excellent performers on 20M and 10M.  My experience has been that they are marginal to poor on 15M.  However, the reason for the change is that the KT36XA’s are a maintenance challenge.  The problem is that the evaporation paths for the tubular capacitors become blocked by insect building nests resulting in water build up in the tubular capacitors.  I’ve had to repeatedly drop the antennas and clean out the evaporation paths.  It is amazing how much mud, muck and water I get out of the traps when I clean them.  Other KT36XA users have also experienced this problem.  There have multiple attempts by these users to fix the issue but none have been successful.

73,

Bud AA3B