[TowerTalk] Skyhawks on TIC Rings

Keith Hanson ac9s at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 15:50:37 EST 2019

I had a Skyhawk for a few years, but lost it to an ice storm.  In my opinion the boom is a weak point.  There is supposed to be triple thickness at the center of the boom, but where the doubling pieces meet a couple of feet out from the center there is only the single thickness of the outer boom material.  That is the point where my antenna failed; the boom broke right at the juncture.  Note the antenna is only rated for 90mph.  Electrically it was a wonderful antenna.  If I were to put one up again I would add a boom truss.

Keith - AC9S