[TowerTalk] 160m. Inverted L question

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Jan 16 14:29:11 EST 2019

Hi, Jim.

That's not what I meant, and I think you probably know that.  But yes, I
should have been more precise like I often preach.  ;)

What I meant was in the context of my comparison to elements for
different bands on a tribander.  Certainly grounded vertical elements
have resonance different than if they weren't grounded, but the coupling
between a grounded tower adjacent to a vertical fed against ground isn't
conceptually any different than than the coupling between adjacent
elements that are not grounded.  Lots of hams think there is something
mystical about "RF ground", and I was just trying to head that off.

73,
Dave   AB7E