[TowerTalk] More on Half-Wave

Warren Wolff warrenwolff at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 18:52:31 EST 2019

Greetings again,    Thanks mucho for all the attention my query produced.   I guess I could have elaborated, just a bit.  I am "stuck"with this 60 foot AN Wireless tower which is lying on itsside - - - and has been for longer than I should say.  Iwas just curious about high I should opt for above thetop of the tower at 60 feet for the OptioBeam.  Lookslike ~63 feet will be just fine.   Since I am ancient in age, I do not want to invite anydifficulties by going too high above.   Just getting my antenna mounted is going to be a problem,as I think cranes in our local area might be tested justraising this thing.   The guys I located and who want to assist in the raisingwant to raise the tower a bit, AND THEN, stick the antennaon before going all the way vertical.  I am nervous.   Plus I have not been able to find any one with photos ofhow to ground the coax to the top of the tower, whichis  angle iron at the top.   Again, muchas gracias! WarrenW7WY