[TowerTalk] Off topic quesiton

Howard Hoyt hhoyt at mebtel.net
Tue Jan 22 12:20:59 EST 2019

>>Another nice thing is it's easier to build a tower on the moon.
>>A section of Rohn 25g weights only 6 1/2 pounds.

Except for the fact that the lack of an atmosphere exposes the tower to the solar wind, and unfortunately Rohn 25 is not rated for 1 million mile per hour wind speed.

And before the data nerds chime in, yes; the wind on Earth moving at 100 mph exerts 232 million times more pressure on a tower than would the solar wind on the moon...I just figured as long as we were off topic I'd contribute to the fun!

Cheers & 73,
Howie / WA4PSC