[TowerTalk] Tougher antenna rope

n8de at thepoint.net n8de at thepoint.net
Tue Jan 22 15:31:01 EST 2019

Pete,
Try the following:
1.  Place a line over the tree as desired
2.  Attach a rope with a pulley at the end.
3.  Run another (support) rope through the pulley.
4.  Raise the pulley to the desired height.
5.  Using the support rope, pull the wire antenna taught.
6.  Do NOT tie the support rope to a fixed point, but, rather, attach
a heavy weight to it to keep the wire antenna taught.

This will keep the rope from being abraided by the antenna moving in
the wind, or loaded with ice.

Good luck
Don
N8DE