[TowerTalk] Tougher antenna rope

Gary gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 22:08:06 EST 2019

Someone mentioned you will get a lot of responses - they were right.

Am I the only one to have the weight thing backfire? One afternoon with some serious wind gusts I watched the weight go up and actually put slack on the line and then snap it when it came back down. You could actually hear it. A few cycles of this broke the copper-weld wire. My solution was to use a spring to provide constant tension.

I didn't see the original wire break, but assumed by replacing it with copper-weld it would last a very long time. I was wrong...

73,
Gary kk0sd