[TowerTalk] 80M 4-sq on 60M

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Thu Jan 24 17:03:25 EST 2019

Hey Stan,

This is very interesting reading and something I have honestly never thought
about whatsoever !

hmmm.  I'm all about a free lunch when it comes to antennas.

While I have no intention of erecting a WARC or 60m antenna and attaching it
to any of my many 'main band' 4-squares here, I wonder what would happen if
I (for example) put up a 20m vertical and attached it to the dump port in
the middle of my 20m 4-square array?  Surely someone has tried this and done
some measurements?

With tons of snow in my yard, I am not about to try it, but it would be an
interesting experiment for our month of summer here in VE9.

Even 0.5dB gain or cleaning up of a pattern would be worth the effort.

hmmm.

Mike VE9AA

Terry,

I used to have an 80m dipole that radiated the dump power from my 80m 4

Square.  Dipole happened to be on edge of a drop off favoring NW where my 4

Square wasn't good because of all the towers in the way of that direction.

Can't say it made huge difference because it may have only been 50-75 watts

but better than warming up a resistor.

73...Stan, K5GO

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB